The lockdown induced by the COVID-19 pandemic has been a huge cause of stress to innumerable people. However, there is an often-neglected group of people reeling under this sudden pressure and stress that no one has paid any heed to – teachers.
The pressure on the teachers is enormous, more so during the current circumstances.
We, teachers at Gurukul World School, the best Mohali CBSE school, are hardly worried about the pandemic. All we worry about day in and day out is our next virtual lesson plan and educating students of the country.
We are constantly under the weight of these questions that keep tormenting us:
- Did I remind my students about tomorrow’s class?
- Am I giving my best?
- What should I teach next week?
- Was I able to solve ABC’s query?
- I need to post my weekly plan tomorrow.
- Oh! That’s a good example I can use it in my next class.
- I haven’t seen ABC child since we started our online classes.
- What if my internet doesn’t work tomorrow?
- What if my course is not given a thumbs-up by my Principal?
“What if this” and “what if that”… It never ends!
There will be concern and uncertainty in everybody’s mind.
On the lighter side, over these past few weeks, my wedges missed the frequent spit and shine, my new watch missed my wrist, my new accessories still waiting for me to unbox them and my dresses hung listlessly in the cupboard waiting to be un-creased.
Working from home has its challenges which need to be navigated carefully.
Many of us may feel isolated, lonely, and frustrated because of this new system of teaching as we are not very tech-savvy, and it takes time to adjust to changes.
Here’s what I would like to tell all my fellow teachers – Don’t stress yourself too much!
Instead, share your feelings and talk to each other as we are family, and we must remain in touch with each other and stand by each other.
As a team, we, are doing a commendable job, have learnt so much in this short span of time and will learn more in the coming time with even more positivity and dedication.
While parents are worried about having the right hardware and setup at home for their kids, let’s remember that school management and teachers are sorting out larger and important issues to educate the upcoming youth of this country.
It is crucial to understand that taking care of yourself is the best thing that you can give to your students.
Being a part of the best Mohali school, I am sharing some tips with you that will help you keep your stress at bay:
- Always keep a positive attitude
- Be assertive instead of aggressive
- Eat healthily
- Spend quality time with your family
- Make time for hobbies, interests, and relaxation.
- Get enough rest and sleep
- Last but not least, laugh loud.
Accept this pandemic time as the ‘New Normal’.
God bless all!
Gurukul World School